Think about the aspirations you have had in the past and the dreams you have in your heart at the moment. If certain goals were put on hold due to the addiction, you can list them, big or small, and follow the list as if they are resolutions or promises to yourself you must keep. Leaving our addiction behind to live a life in recovery is a huge step any individual must make in order to find true happiness and success in life. Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center.
- Many people choose to keep the letter in a safe place where they can revisit it occasionally for inspiration or to see how far they’ve come since writing it.
- I was sick with withdrawal from you, but I felt your hold weakening.
- Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center.
You became the hardest relationship I have ever had to experience. You took almost everything away from me. Eventually, you took everything away from me.
I’m connecting with myself and others in an authentic, genuine and mindful way these days. Richard Singer is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict who was once homeless and ready to die as a direct result of addiction. Richard has over 20 years of extensive experience in the field of addiction treatment as a psychotherapist and educator. Since 2016 Jay has served on the board of directors of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers . As past chair of NAATP’s Ethics Committee, Jay was instrumental in important changes made to the organization’s code of ethics.
- Without you, Addiction, I’m doing things I’ve never thought were possible.
- As a result, I no longer experience anxiety nor am I riddled with panic, disgrace or the feelings of emptiness you always left me with.
- We offer amenities such as outdoor meditation zones, waterfalls, gym equipment, and group exercise.
- Even if you feel inadequate as a writer, there are so many benefits to writing a goodbye letter to drugs that it is well worth the effort.
I’m responsible for my own behavior now. I know I’ll never completely forget my first love – no one ever really does. We know continual support is essential in saying goodbye to your addiction, which is why we offer extended support. We work with faith and science-based modalities, such as AA and SMART recovery, to help our patients find long-term sobriety. CBT addresses drug addiction by making you aware of negative thinking so you can effectively challenge yourself. Make this goodbye letter to addiction your last one.
Goodbye Letter to Addiction Template
From a woman from wants to be the best mother she can be, and do all the right she can in goodbye letter to alcohol. We hope and believe all these things are possible, and also that her experience will inspire others to make the same difficult decision Christina made. My addiction left me with broken trust and hurt relationships.